Web Content ViewerActions
What happens after I file my Charge?
After an unfair labor practice charge has been filed, it will proceed as follows:
The Investigation Phase
- An Unfair Labor Practice Charge is filed.
- The Charge will be reviewed to determine whether it is properly filed.
- Improperly filed charges may be returned.
- The Investigator will issue letters to the parties requesting information.
- The Investigator will conduct the investigation and issue a report to the Board.
- The Board will do an independent review of the information.
- The Board will accept the recommendation or issue an alternative.
The Determination Phase
- The Board will determine whether there is probable cause to believe that an unfair labor practice has occurred.
- If the Board determines there is no probable cause, the Board will issue a directive dismissing the case.
- If the Board determines there is probable cause, the Board will order mediation and a hearing.
- A complaint will be issued if mediation is not successful.
- The matter will go to a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.
- The matter will go before the Board for final determination.